“Mastering the Organic Way” Public Awareness Session on Organic Agriculture"
The United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), a specialized agency of the United Nations that promotes industrial development for poverty reduction, inclusive globalization and environmental sustainability, in collaboration with the International Trade Centre (ITC), is jointly implementing an European Union (EU) funded project titled “EU – Sri Lanka Trade-Related Assistance for Increasing SMEs Trade Competitiveness in Regional and EU Markets.” The designated national counterpart for the project is the Department of Commerce under the Ministry of Industry and Commerce (MoIC) of the Government of Sri Lanka (GoSL).
As a part of the EU – Sri Lanka Trade-Related Assistance for Increasing SMEs Trade Competitiveness in Regional and EU Markets”, UNIDO and Control Union are organizing a Public Awareness Session on Organic Agriculture.
• Understand the details of Organic Agriculture
• Gain knowledge to meet the requirements
• Audit process from application to certification
• What to expect from an Organic Agriculture audit
Who should attent
Managers, Supervisors and Team Members responsible for Organic
• General introduction on organic agriculture
• Introduction to organic production
• Role of NOCU and SLS1324
• Introduction to the scope of organic certification programs
(Application to contracting procedure)
• General requirements for certification of production units
• ICS-Internal Control System
• General requirements for certification of processing units
• Labelling Organic product
• Training on audit documentation
• Transaction Certificates & Traces
• Panel discussion
Free of Charge. Only 100 seats available.
Apply for this event